Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stupid High Schoolers...using their track

I've done pretty good the last few weeks with getting out regularly, even if it's just a short something in the morning. This morning I came up with a great plan for increasing my distance that involved using the track and increasing my distance by one lap (.25 miles) once per week. Today I was forced to wait until later in the day due to academic obligations, but at around 12:30, with this genius plan in my brain, I headed over to the Cleveland H.S. track only to encounter a mess of high schoolers in baggy t-shirts and gym shorts stretching and stumbling on the track surface -- foiled!!! So, I ended up winging it in the neighborhood and ended up at a distance shorter than my goal.

Dan and I went for a really nice bike ride on Sunday, which was the first time I've been on my bike since pre-mini-Arctic blast in early December. It felt good, and I think I'm going to hop on the bike tomorrow to head over to school.

I have weird ways of motivating myself...like in the shower after my run today I decided to wash my hair with shampoo AND conditioner, because then I would need to wash it again tomorrow, and why not go for a run/swim beforehand? Weird, I know. Speaking of swimming...

I haven't yet worked out at the new gym on campus. The prospect of having to pack in and out any type of workout stuff is less than ideal, but I'm going to try my best to start swimming on the days I'm on campus for class. Tomorrow may be the first attempt at this - we'll see.

In general, getting myself moving is going well. I'm working my way up and incorporating it into my daily schedule. Come February things are going to be super difficult...but I'm not worrying about that quite yet. Food has still been difficult. This is the first winter that we've tried to continue to eat locally/seasonally...and I can tell that I'm eating a lot less veggies than I was during the summer. We discovered the Hillsdale Farmer's Market two weeks ago, which is going to be a godsend, but they're only there every other week. Needless to say...we're still figuring it out (though the rack of canned goods looks beautiful).

Pushing on...perhaps in the water tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment