Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things have been going very well!

The last few weeks have been awesome. I've been doing some distance of running, riding or swimming almost every day and I definitely can feel that it's keeping me from going crazy as the end of the term is more and more imminent.

Three things specifically have facilitated my ability to do this:
1. going running first thing in the morning - this includes being able to sleep in a little bit so my body is more prepared, figuring out how much I need to eat before going, slowly increasing my distance without killing myself
2. road tires for the bike! - I've had these for several months, but with Dan's encouragement and recent purchase of road tires I actually put them on my bike and the difference in the ride is phenomenal...have yet to go on a long ride
3. the pool at the SRC is open pretty much ALL DAY - which means I can go swimming whenever fits my schedule, and I got a locker in my department building (next door) so I don't have to truck my stuff back and forth from home.

For the foreseeable future I should be able to continue this, and my desire to do so doesn't seem to be waning in the face of aforementioned end of term craziness. I have the feeling I won't be able to figure out any sort of race schedule until next month - or, more appropriately, until I figure out what classes/other things I'm doing over the summer.

In the meantime I will enjoy my activities and at least momentary feel of accomplishment.

p.s. We found a place that does a spring CSA so at the end of the month we'll start getting weekly fresh veggies (and fruit?) which I'm VERY excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment